I've been tagged by Julia Wreyford to post some of Brad's and my quirks. And since she is apparantly tired of looking at my picture of George (what is wrong with you girl!?!) I decided to indulge you readers with some interesting tidbits from the inside lives of the Brookshires...
My (Carrie's) quirks...
1. I don't like air blowing directly on me. At home, I can cover up with a blanket while laying on the couch...but the car is continually a problem. Brad is always hotter than me, so I am constantly fighting him over control of the AC.
2. I "Knead". I am not exactly sure how to describe this...but when I am laying on the sofa or in bed, I rub my feet together. It's something I have always done and I normally don't even know I am doing it. But it drives Brad crazy!
3. I hate being late. I grew up in a family where if mom and dad said we were leaving for a trip at six, that meant everyone was in the car, packed, seatbelts on, pulling out of the driveway at exactly 6:00 if not a few minutes earlier. I've adopted this habit as I have grown up. This has been a huge problem for me throughout college and even now...as I've realized very few people are like this. I've gotten trouble a few times for telling my friends (Loren) and husband that we actually needed to be somewhere earlier than we actually needed to just so we would be on time!
Now some little known information about my crazy husband...aka Brad's quirks...
1. Everyday when Brad gets home from work, the first thing he wants to know is "Where's the Mail?" I almost never check it when I get home first and this drives him crazy. It's like he can't focus on anything else, until he checks the mail! I don't really understand this obsession, because 95% of the time all we get is bills, junk mail, or mail addressed to someone else!
2. Brad is not a phone talker. He's fine if there is something specific to talk about....but he's not very patient with the whole small talk thing. When he is out of town for work, I've learned that a few five minute "just checking in" calls are about all I am going to get.
3. Brad is not a night-owl. Most of you know this already...but we are possibly the oldest 26/27 year old couple there is. Thankfully we both are early risers and that means early to bed as well. I attribute it to the hectic work life...but lets be real...we have both always been like this. Brad is worse than me and frequently wakes up early on the weekends and leaves me asleep in bed as he gets a head start on the day. Last Saturday, Brad woke up around 6am, got dressed for golf (he had an 8am tee time) and headed out to McDonalds to get coffee and read the paper. Can we say retiree?!?
Hope this brings you a little entertainment this morning. I am tagging APRIL and HAYDEN (Julia didn't share any of your habits) to share some of their own quirks!
Christmas Letter 2025
5 months ago

2 comments:
All I can say is AWESOME, you're cracking me up! I am very like you with the temperature and FOR SURE on the late thing! I hate being late, it makes me sweat and my heart beat way to fast when I'm late.
Also I'm closing in on retirement with Brad for sure, I think when you guys came to stay with us, and we were all talking on the couch, Brad and I were out like lights around 10pm (although I think Brad was snoring on the couch a little bit before me).
Okay, I did one too. Check the comments on Julia's blog from today (2/13).
I can SEE Brad doing those things. Too funny!
-h
Post a Comment