So the rumor this morning is that Punxsutawney Phil did see his shadow this morning and that we are in for six more weeks of winter. Unfortunately, no one told my iris plants that because they already have two beautiful white blooms on them! Hopefully we won't have to wait quite as long for that warm weather. This time of year always reminds me how thankful I am to live in the South! I can certainly handle the blustery 60 degree "winter" days we've been having! Not much has been going on with us lately. You know the saying "No News is Good News" applies to us. We've both been busy working. I had a big deadline this past Friday that has kept me busy and Brad has started the new year off busier than ever. We are both very thankful to have good jobs and a lot of work means job security for us! We are especially thankful given this economic situation.
We had a good weekend with family and friends. Friday night just hungout at home and made homemade Pad Thai for dinner. Yummy!

Saturday, Brad played golf with his dad and friend from work, while I enjoyed a massage and body scrub Brad had given me for Christmas. I love spa days! Saturday night we enjoyed dinner out with our friends Tim and Barbara at one of our favorite places Jazz'd. Sunday was low key. We had a luncheon at church after the morning service. Then that afternoon I went over to my friend Elizabeth's to help her rearrange furniture at her new cute house. Then we wrapped up the weekend with dinner at watching the Super Bowl at our friend Jacob's.
(I didn't have my camera...but this is a picture of him from his work website! Hehe!)
It was a fun, relaxing weekend...but alas today it is back to the real world! Happy Monday to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment