After going through the buffet line for dinner we headed towards our table and I sat down next to this guy. He turned and introduced himself to me as Jeff and I introduced myself as Carrie and we proceeded to eat dinner and listen to the program. It wasn't until they started to introduce the speaker for the night that I realized this very tall guy next to me was actually the main event!
He gave his testimony and told us some funny stories about baseball and how the Lord had been at work in his life and how it all started with FCA and his appreciation for the organization. It was a neat night. He was gracious enough to take a picture with me and my friend Janet after the event. So, for all you Braves fans, or Mets fans out there...here he is...hoping for a good next season for this great guy!

1 comment:
Carrie- I can't believe this happened to you! Jonathan is a crazy braves fan and since we have been married we have been to two games and toured turner field. Well, I like baseball but not to the extent that he does-so, I had to find a reason to "appreciate" the game. I have a t-shirt with his name on the back. Also- made Jonathan get tickets out in Right field for just that reason. If that same thing happened to me- I probably wouldn't have been able to have the same innocent conversation as you did! Love the story! Hope baby Brooksire (and mom) are doing great!
Post a Comment