Monday, August 30, 2010

On the Road Again...

This past month has been super busy for us! We started the month off with a quick trip to visit my parents before they left on a two week trip to Egypt. They said they wanted to see "us" but really...they just wanted to spend some extra time with the little man. I don't have any pictures to document it...but Jack did great on his first car trip. He slept almost the whole time in the car! We visited with my parents, ate some great Chinese food and mom and dad watched Jack for a few hours so Brad and I could take a much needed nap!

Then two weekends later, we headed to Birmingham, AL for a baby shower for my best friend Loren. She is having twins due in November. It was so much fun to catch up with her and her family and see my other besties who helped host the event.

Me with Mommy-to-be. Look at her cute "Two Peas in a Pod" T-shirt.
That was the theme of our shower!

The hostesses all in green!


This past month has brought lots of changes in Jack. Most notably he is awake much more during the day and is really starting to interact with us. I tried to capture one of his smiles. They are much more frequent now but have been hard to catch on camera. Though he has smiled at Brad and I a few times...he apparantly finds much more enjoyment in the ceiling fan, the window and pictures on the wall which are the recepient of his smiles much more frequently!


Everyone asks us who we think he looks like and most of the time it is hard for us to tell, but I really think he looks like me in these pictures!

Last week one of my best girl friends, Marie, came to visit and brought her little boy Mac. Jack had fun watching Mac scoot around the house and Mac enjoyed handing Jack toys. I don't think he understood why he wouldn't play with him! We were having way to much fun to even take any pictures of them together!
We took the boys one afternoon to the club for Jack's first pool adventure! He wasn't as excited about the water as I hoped he would be...but he didn't fuss either. We are really looking forward to next summer and I hope he loves the pool and beach as much as I do!


Marie was my baby whisperer last week and helped me get Jack started on a good sleep schedule. We've had a few days of crying at nap time...but over the past week we have gone from 45 minutes of crying to only about 15 before a nap! Jack also started sleeping long stretches at night over the weekend. He went from 8-2:45 two nights in a row! It has made for a much happier and well rested momma!

Next week I will post more details of the little man and updates with his two month pictures!

post signature

2 comments:

reddchurch said...

yay for more sleep!!

Chris and Emily said...

i think your right - he does look like you in those pics!!