Here is the little guy striking a pose in front of the Christmas tree a week or so ago. At Jack's six month check-up yesterday we found out he weighs 16.5 lbs and is 27.1" long. I knew he was growing! He is still in the 50-75% for height and has fallen belwow 50% a little bit in the weight. Guess at that bouncing in the jumperoo is burning more calories than the addition of food is bringing!
Six months brings lots of food into our lives. My parents got me a Beaba Babycook for Christmas and I am enjoying making baby food for Jack. He is already eaten a lot of fruit and vegetables and we are starting on some starches and yogurt this week. In the past six weeks since starting solids he has eaten: rice cereal, avacado, sweet green peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, apples, carrots, blueberries, bananas, butternut sqash and oatmeal. He tried a new recipe of potatoes, leeks and green peas yesterday and wasn't too excited about it. We will try again today! So far he has loved everything! A few things have taken a time or two to get used too...but I am thankful to not have a picky eater on my hands!
This is a site I see daily. He loves this jumperoo. It is the only thing right now that can keep him entertained for more than just a few minutes!
Brad's dad and I are taking Jack to the circus next weekend. I am not sure who is more excited Jack or his Grandaddy (actually...it's Grandaddy)! I am looking forward to seeing how he reacts to animals bigger than Daisy!
I feel like I say this when it gets to be this time of year every year...but I am SO ready for spring! It has been so cold here this winter. Other than to run errands...Jack and I have been stuck in the house for weeks now. I am ready for some warmer temperatures so we can get the stroller back out for some exercise (for me) and fresh air (for Jack). Hope you are staying warm!!!


1 comment:
I can't believe that he is already 6 months old! We can't wait to see y'all next month!
Post a Comment