Happy New Year!
I have been waiting for time to sit down and do a few posts...our Christmas...a year in review...and Jack's six month post...but the time is already slipping away from me...so I am going to just start with Christmas and try to work through everything else over the next few days. The past few weeks have been full for us. Full of fun...full of family...full of merriment! We are so thankful for our family who continues to bless us and our little guy with more than we can ask for!

Jack opening presents on Christmas morning. Actual Christmas morning was a little anti-climactic for him. I thought he would be a little more into the wrapping paper and fun light-up-musical toys he got. But this is how he spent most of the day. Just hanging out in his bouncy seat taking it all in. He will be 18months next Christmas...and I know it is going to be wild!

Jack started eating like crazy over the Christmas holidays! He definately hit a growth spurt over the past week and has almost tripled what he will eat in one sitting. I can't wait to see what he weighs at his 6mo. checkup next week. Here he is enjoying a breakfast of green beans and rice cereal!
He also started sitting up a few days after Christmas. He can do it....but I think is too lazy to try to actually play sitting up! I will sit him down on the floor, hand him a toy, and he will slowly fall to his side and then roll to his back and play. I keep telling him playtime would be much more fun if he were sitting up...but he hasn't caught on yet!
I will do his "formal" six month post next week after his doctors appointment so I can update his stats. I do know that he has grown alot over the past month. He seems to have just flown through his 6 month size clothes. I bought him a few new outfits after Thanksgiving and he has already outgrown them. I am hesitant to buy a bunch of 9mo stuff because I don't know when this growth spurt will stop! I also just stocked up on size 3 diapers and am sad to say my little boy is no longer in "Little Swaddlers" anymore! (Tear, Tear) He is now moving into the big boy "Cruiser" line. How quickly time is flying!

Everyone tells you when you have a baby how quickly they grow up and it is SO true! I am SO SO thankful that Brad has let me stay home with Jack these past few months. It is such a blessing to be able to spend my days with him. He is such a sweet, fun, baby and I am looking forward to seeing all that 2011 has in store for us! Happy New Year friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment