Monday, May 09, 2011

10 Months Old

Yesterday was Jack's 10 month birthday! The days are just flying by! Ten months has brought a lot of new changes for us. Jack is finally starting to "get" finger foods...which this momma is loving! Along with puffs...which he has been enjoying for a few months now...he loves freeze dried apples and mandarin oranges. I am slowly trying to introduce new finger foods to his regular menu in the hopes that we can slowly wean him off of so much pureed food! He is now eating about 5-6 ounces of food per meal...a big jump over the past few weeks...and though I still enjoy making his baby food...it is getting hard to keep up with the demand! We started meats a few weeks ago and he loves chicken...but is still not quite sure about ground beef. I am hoping to introduce some fish in the next week or so.

He is doing great drinking from the sippy cup...but for some reason will not drink milk (formula) from it. I give him a cup of water...sometimes with a little apple juice mixed in...with meals...and he will drink the entire cup...but will only take a few sips if I put his milk in it. Any suggestions on how to get over this? My hope was to have him weaned off bottles...except for maybe bedtime...by one year. Thoughts?!?

We have been going to the pool atleast once a week and he loves it! Our club has a zero entry pool so I have been sitting on the edge with my feet in the water and put him between my feet and he will sit there and play with his bucket and shovel and laugh at the other kids and have a great time. He's pretty independent so I can sit and get some sun while he plays. He is very independent in playtime with his toys at home as well. He can entertain himself for long periods of time just sitting on the floor going from toy to toy.

He is still not crawling yet...but is pulling up on everything! We lowered his crib a few weeks ago in anticipation of this and I am so thankful because yesterday afternoon I went in to find him pulled up and hanging onto the bars! The crib is really low so I don't think we will have to worry about him climbing out for a while now! We are thinking he may just skip crawling and start walking soon.

Brad and I are loving this stage right now. He is so smiley and happy and is fun to play with. He loves for you to sing to him and to jump out and scare him. He has the cutest belly laugh that we hear often. He loves to wave and smile to anyone we pass while out of the house! He isn't talking yet...but I can ask him where daddy is or where daisy is and he will look around and find them. He can follow simple direcitons like "Jack wave" or "Drink your juice" and respond appropriately. Its so neat to know he is understanding what we say!

Here is his "formal" 10 month picture with his initial pillow. I wish I had been more consistent with this so you could really see how he is growing...but oh well!



We love you little buddy!

post signature

No comments: