Sunday, May 01, 2011

Nine Months

Since I am less than a week away from Jack's 10 month "birthday"...I figured I needed to post some highlights from nine months before I get too far behind. As you can tell from my last post...things have just been crazy busy around here. I never got around to taking formal nine month pictures with his pillow, but this picture totally sums up what this month has been about.


CHEESE!!!

Jack is such a happy, smiling, laughing baby right now. He turned into such a cheese-ball over the past few weeks. He laughs at everything, waves to everybody and has started smiling for the camera!

He is ALL over the place right now. He is SO close to crawling...I am expecting him to be mobile any day now. As soon as he sits down on the floor he tries to crawl and ends up on his belly. He'll lay there with his arms and legs out in what I call the "skydiver" pose and scream until someone picks him up! This happens alteast a hundred times a day!

At his nine month appointment he weighed 18 lbs 3 oz and meaured 29" tall. We got the okay to start feeding him meat from the doctor. He's had chicken and hamburger so far but isn't loving it yet. I have been really pushing him to start finger foods because it is getting cumbersome to make enough puree to keep him full! He is now eating 4-5 oz per meal 3x per day and taking four 6 oz. bottle per day. It is obvious that he is getting less and less interested in his bottles and more and more intersted in food. I have to wait until he is done with his bottle to take food to his high chair or he won't finish his formula. We are excited to start weaning him to whole milk pretty soon!

Ten months and then one year are approaching soon! We have started planning his birthday party and it is so surreal to me that I am about to have a one year old! I am so thankful to be able to stay home with him and watch how he is growing and changing everyday!


post signature

No comments: