Thursday, September 08, 2011

We are still here!

So...I feel like I am always apologizing for my posts being late...but it seems that is just how life is these days! Life has been busy lately with work (thankfully!)...travelling...and keeping up with a now mobile toddler! Jack started walking right at 13 months. He was tentative for a few weeks...but is all over the place now!

Here are a few pictures from his first haircut a few months ago. I tried to wait until the traditional one year mark, but we ended up cutting it about two weeks shy of his actual birthday. It was just getting too out of control for my liking! Here he is happy and smiling when we first sat him in the chair...


...but he quickly got very concerned. Thankfully the hairdresser was quick and we were in and out in no time! Here I am with my handsome boy!

I kinda wish I had waited a little bit longer to get it cut because it is already out of control again and I can't blame it on being sentimental about getting it cut!


As if right on cue, Labor Day brought much needed cool weather to us and we have been loving all the time outside. These are from a few weeks ago. Jack just looked too cute not to snap some pictures. Here he his riding his tricycle in the front yard.



How cute is this face? He has started "cheesing" for the camera. How do kids learn to do this?!? I think he looks alot like Brad's baby pictures in this shot.



Last week we took our first official family vacation. We went to Hilton Head for a few days and had a great time on the beach. I have definately learned that vacationing with a toddler is not near as relaxing as I had hoped! Jack did not sleep well at all in the hotel so we were on the go most of the time. He did love the beach though!



Playing with his trucks...chasing the birds...eating sand...waving at all the walkers...he soaked up every minute of it! Here he is floating with Dad in the ocean.



And here is a shot with me and my handsome boy! He we be 14 months old tomorrow and the time is just flying by! We had to go to the doctor last week for an eye infection (no fun!) so I was able to get some updated stats. He is still holding at 21 pounds...hasn't gained anything for the past three months. The doctor says that is normal because he is burning so many calories walking all over the place! He has definately entered toddlerhood full on! Tantrums and all but is mostly still a sweet, cuddly, guy.




He is becoming such a parrot, repeating words all the time. His consistent words right now are: Mama, Dada, Da-ee (Daisy), Ball, Book, Up (he says this ALL the time...as in pick me up!), Hey, Cup, Meelk (Milk). He has said Bye Bye, but prefers to just wave most of the time. Can't wait to see what the next month has in store for us!

post signature

No comments: