Monday, November 15, 2010

Four Months Old!


Last Monday, Jack turned four months old. Is it me...or is the time flying by!?! I am so thankful that I am able to stay home with him right now. He is changing so quickly and I feel blessed to be able to see him do things for the first time. Sorry I don't have him with his initial pillow...but even though he does it all the time...it is so hard to capture a picture of him smiling! And this picture was just too cute not to use for his 4 month post!

Over the past few weeks Jack has started doing lots of new things! He rolled over at fourteen weeks. He can go from his back to his tummy, but hasn't figured out how to get back. We frequently put him down and walk out of the room for a minute and come back to find him on his tummy having a fit because he doesn't know where to go from there! He is making crawling motions...and I think if he could figure out what to do with his feet...he would already be mobile! If you put your hands behind his feet so he can push off on you and scoot along the floor...but he hasn't mastered the scooting and holding his head up yet either...so it is quite a funny site!

At his appointment last week, we found out he now weighs 14.5 lbs and is in the 25% for weight and is 26" long which puts him in 50% for height. Everyone comments on how long and skinny (except for his cheeks!) he is for his age. He is still wearing 3mo. and 6mo. clothes and a size 2 diaper and holding to five 7oz. feedings per day.

Sleeping is getting more regular...though we sure had a rough few mornings last week with the time change! He adjusted to the change in his daytime schedule very easily...but decided he was going to start waking up at 4am! That plus his first bottom tooth decided to break through last week...it all made for one tired momma!

We have started trying to feed him rice cereal...but he just doesn't seem very interested. I am hoping he'll get the hang of it soon because I am excited to start making baby food and getting him to try new things. Brad and I are looking forward to celebrating our first holidays with him and all how he reacts to all the festivities!

post signature


No comments: