Wednesday, April 13, 2011

March Madness!


Sorry for the lack of posting lately. We have been busy! March was a whirlwind of birthdays, golf tournaments, concerts and lots of travelling!


The first weekend in March, Brad was out of town at a golf tournament, so Jack and I packed up and headed to Jacksonville with my mom to see my sister for the weekend. Her birthday was March 1st and mine March 12th so we celebrated with a few days of birthday shopping! I think Jack ended up getting more new stuff than anyone else, but hey, how can you say to no to someone this cute!?!



One of the best parts of the weekend was our sushi lunch. I have always wanted to get one of the crazy sushi boats and since we were celebrating, we splurged. Holy cow...have some sushi!


The second weekend in March we celebrated my birthday! Brad took me to eat at one of my favorite downtown restaurants. For my present this year, I had asked him to help me plant a vegetable garden. Since I have been at home with Jack, I have really been enjoying cooking for him and for us and thought a garden would be a great way to have fresh herbs and vegetables on hand, and am also hoping it saves us some money on groceries! Here is me an my handsome boy on my birthday!


We are looking forward to enjoying fresh squash, zucchini, tomatoes and green beans this summer. We also planted basil, rosemary and parsley that I have been adding into our recipes all ready and it is so yummy! Just discovered this weekend our first tomato!


The third week in March, we headed back down to Jacksonville on Tuesday, with Brad's parents to see James Taylor in concert. Aunt Suzie watched Jack while the adults went to hear a great night of music. We got into town early so we could eat at one of our favorite restaurants ever, PF Chang's. Jack wanted to climb the horse, but daddy said no!



The last weekend in March, Brad played in another golf tournament, and Jack and headed to Columbia for the weekend to spend some time with my parents. We ended up going to Charleston for the day on Saturday for a little window shopping and alot of walking and eating!


WOW! As I finish typing all of this I am reminded about how crazy the past few weeks have been! And this was only the weekends! Mix in weekdays full of naptimes, trips to the park, mommy and me water aerobics, errands and general craziness of life with a 9 month old and you see where the March Madness title makes sense! Look for Jack's 9 month post coming soon...


post signature

No comments: