Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekend in Philly!

This past weekend I flew to Philadelphia for the long holiday weekend to see one of my dearest girlfriends from college, Loren. Friday was her birthday so we celebrated with dinner out to a fabulous restaurant in downtown Philly called Alma de Cuba. They had great mojitos, empanadas and we celebrated with a Cuban Chocolate Cigar complete with candy matches for dessert!



My camera batteries died...so I don't have any from the actual weekend...but here's an old picture of the birthday girl Loren (on the left), April, another dear friend and college roommate, (in the middle) and me (on the right).



Happy 28th Birthday my friend!
We spent most of Saturday shopping and walking around downtown. Saturday night we went to a cookout with some of Loren and Jon's sweet friends. Sunday we went to church and then to the gym for my first ever Pilates class. So fun! I am hooked! Sunday afternoon we hungout in the park, tried to get some sun and caught up on each others lives. I am SO thankful for the amazing Christ centered friendships the Lord has given me. Thanks Loren for a fabulous, refreshing weekend. I love you!

1 comment:

April said...

Yeah! I love Philly and you girls! :) And Care, I know you read my blog, you are like my ONLY faithful poster!! Love you!