I've been working on trying to organize his closet and make sure we have enough clothes to get us through the first few months. I don't know how you moms who are always buying ahead for your kids do it. I had great intentions after Christmas this year of stocking up on winter baby clothes while on sale...but I had no idea how big he would be! I guess that is one of the things you learn as you go along!
I am going to work on the nursery this weekend...hanging window treatments and pictures so I can post some in progress pictures. We are only waiting on the dresser to be delivered to really finish everything up. Can't wait!

Here is our my/our 30 week progress:
Maternity clothes: All the time. Still have a few non-maternity tops that I can wear...but I am getting to the point where few things are comfortable. Not sure how much more my stomach can physically stretch!
Weight Gain: 25 lbs...whattoexpect says baby will continue to gain 0.5 lb per week in weight for the rest of the third trimester...which would put total weight at about 30lbs if we make it ten more weeks. Eeek!
Stretch marks: None yet and I hope it stays that way!
Sleep: I think the first trimester exhaustion is slowly creeping back in. I've been napping during lunch at work and also feeling the need to go to bed earlier that usual. Don't you wish you could stock up on sleep! I figure I need to enjoy it now becasue soon sleeping through the night will be a luxury!
Best moment this week: Baby Shower #2 with lots of family and friends this past Saturday!
Movement: Feeling him kick ALL the time. I swear sometimes it feels like a foot is going to pop out the side of my stomach!
Food cravings: None really. I have noticed that I can't eat as much as I normally do. Guess the stomach is getting cramped for space in there!
Gender: Sweet baby boy!
Labor Signs: Been having Braxton Hicks contractions fairly regularly for a few weeks now. Doctor says they are my body's way of preparing for labor...hope all the "practice" will pay off in a few months!
Belly Button in or out: Still in but flattening out...maybe I have passed the point where I have to worry about it popping out?!?
What I miss: Being able to move around comfortably. Laying on the couch, turning over in bed, walking down the hall at the office...all getting harder and more comfortable by the day.
What I am looking forward to: Doctor's Appointment next week and seeing how the little one is doing!
I am also going to add a category for the next few weeks..."What I am thankful for this week:"
This week I am SO thankful for our families and friends that continue to bless us with gifts and acts of kindness. It is really neat to see our two families excitement over Jack's arrival. We are so blessed and thankful for you!

No comments:
Post a Comment